Barbara Dewing – Treasurer Term Expires 2017
The Town Treasurer is a one‐year elected position which, in accordance with RSA 41:29, is charged with
investment, deposit, and disbursement of approved Town funds.
The Treasurer is responsible for:
- Maintaining the Town’ banking relationships and establishing the administrative rights and
- Permissions of Town employees who interact with those banks.
- Maximizing investment returns while putting no funds at risk.
- Reviewing and authorizing the release of accounts payable and payroll.
- Reconciling bank accounts monthly.
- Maintaining detailed records necessary for preparation of quarterly and annual Treasurer’s Reports.